2007-03-27

GO!GO!7188 Pulp ~artblog exclusive

I was lucky enough to attend one of my all-time faveorite Japanese bands GO!GO!7188 (go go nana ichi hatchi hatchi) very 1st USA performance on 3.11.07 at the Knitting Factory in NYC with my pals Jeff & Mike! This piece is a tribute to GOGO & my fave girl, Yuu, setup like a "pulp style" cover or t-shirt, & inspired by the 60's & 70's exploitation film grindhouse-style surf-rock that seems to fuel GOGO's wonderful music!


The show itself was called "Japan Nite US Tour 2007" & was made up of 6 bands, the only one (even with our vast knowledge ^_^) which we were really familiar with was GOGO as we are longtime fans, but it also featured some REALLY nice surprises, like the marching rock band "Asakusa Jinta", Okinawa Jpop band "HY", & all girl-brass aces "Pistol Valve..." There was also some nice moments by the loud alt rockers "The Emeralds," & the wacky punk-inspired "The 50 Kaitenz." We had an awesome time, Jeff took a TON of pics, & treasured cd's & coveted t-shirts were bought by all!

Anyone who knows me well enough, (or was @ the concert for that matter) knows what a GOGO fanatic I am as well as that I have a major crush on lead singer/guitarist oober cute shortstuff Yuu, so I made sure I got as close as I could and spent the show about 3 feet away from her & her gorgeous axe! *heart*
Being this close to Yuu made my my night ultra sweet & absolutely unforgettable as they ran through a barrage of my fave GOGO surf-rock songs from their earliest days to their current hits!

*wicked pictures taken by Jeff Katin*

http://www.breast.co.jp/gogo7188/
http://sxsw-asia.com/JapanNite2007/tourdate.html

3 comments:

  1. the layout of the piece is nice, and the style really works for it. good job

    UE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks Deano! This image has a possibility of adding Akko (the bass player/backing vocalist) in a future version (along with Yuu) as well as being made into a t-shirt/baseball shirt! Thanks for your imput & checkout GOGO's music... Their AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:38 AM

    Hey...Do it soon....I wanna see

    ReplyDelete